A total of 26 contestants made it through to Hollywood from the Denver auditions on American Idol last night.Â Most of them were kinda lame, though, so I donâ€™t think any of them stand a chance of winning.Â A.I. is doing something unusual tonight.Â Theyâ€™re taking the best of the best contestants from all the auditions and showing them in one show.Â And theyâ€™re apparently performances we havenâ€™t seen yet.Â Makes me wonder if these arenâ€™t some plants they recruited because most of the people that have made it through so far just arenâ€™t that good.Â Â
- Mark Labriolaâ€”I think he mainly got through because of his strange childhood experience.Â Seems he was abducted by his mother in a custody battle and lived all over the country from Alaska to Hawaii.Â When he was in his teens, his father found him in Hawaii and got him back.Â Now heâ€™s married and got a child of his own.Â His performance of â€śTemptedâ€ť by Squeeze was decent but not stellar.Â
- Tori Kellyâ€”Precocious 16 year-old did a solid version of â€śGravityâ€ť by John Mayer.Â Iâ€™m not a Mayer fan; his songs donâ€™t require much vocal prowess.Â Still, Tori made it her own which is important in this competition.
- Nicci Nixâ€”I dub thee â€śHelium Girlâ€ť.Â Her voice would make her completely annoying if it werenâ€™t for the fact sheâ€™s so darn cyute!Â Plus, she flew 14 hours from Italy just to audition.Â I didnâ€™t even recognize the song she sang, but it was perky and not awful.Â
- Austin Paulâ€”Two strikes against him already for doing a John Mayer song.Â Third strike was that Austinâ€™s a dumb jock whoâ€™s way too cocky, and sang â€śBigger Than My Bodyâ€ť which is a really dumb song.Â
- Mario Galvanâ€”His performance of Elvisâ€™ â€śJailhouse Rockâ€ť should have landed him in jail.
- Kenny Everettâ€”Another one of these deluded individuals who has proclaimed himself a â€śsingerâ€ť with no evidence to back it up.Â Tried to pull of a Mary J. Blige tune, but it came out Mary J. Blecch.Â
What do you think?